The scholarship application period is currently closed. Check back for the next application due date (estimated January 2022)
2021 Scholarship Program
Hawaii Rangeland Stewardship Foundation’s mission is to perpetuate land stewardship, open space, local food production, and culture on Hawaii’s rangelands through education and advocacy. HRSF is proud to provide this scholarship program, thanks to generous supporters. These funds are to be awarded at the discretion of the scholarship committee, provided that a qualified pool of applicants exists.
- This scholarship will be awarded to a student working in environmental or related studies with an emphasis on sustainable range/ranch management, animal production and/or farming systems. Other eligible areas include range ecology, natural resource management, forest or rangeland stewardship and restoration ecology.
- Applicants must be current residents of the State of Hawaii
- Applicants must attend a college, university or trade school. Funds will be distributed directed to the institute where student will be studying.
- Must be classified as a full-time/part-time student at the time of application and at the time funds are disbursed.
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of scholastic achievement and agricultural related activities in school and the community.
- Scholarships are available to high school seniors, undergraduate students, and graduate students.
- Application shall include current high school or college transcripts, 2 letters of recommendation from non-family members and a one page statement describing the applicant’s interest and experience in rangeland stewardship and describing their vision for the future of Hawaii’s grazing lands.